[Wylug-help] Swing Confusion: Oddly floating (J)Components

Willswills@vwsws1.vws.co.uk Willswills at vwsws1.vws.co.uk
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 11:13:30 +0100 (BST)

>   I've got an application containing (all) Swing components which is
> not behaving; the interface has six alike panes, with controls in,
> and one "about" pane with just labels. The "control" panels all have
> a Checkbox each, and all seven are selectable through the tabs of a
> JTabbedPane.

  Checkbox -> JCheck*B*ox (b->B. D'oh). Sorted.

	Wills.

From martin at jamaro.org.uk  Wed Sep 27 08:09:36 2000
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 08:09:36 +0100
From: Martin Rowe martin at jamaro.org.uk
Subject: [Wylug-help] Weird website problem

<PRE>Hi all

Earlier this month I got an email from a chap in France saying he
couldn't get to my open source web site as it prompted for a user ID &amp;
password. This was news to me as there is no such restriction. I've just
had an email from a US user with the same problem. It seems intermittant,
as he was able to get in later.

The dbg400.net domain is managed by Easily.co.uk and points to my
Freeserve web site at www.dbg400.fsnet.co.uk (no masking - the fsnet URL
appears in the location box). The Frech bloke sent me the a screenshot of
the dialog box - have a look here
&lt;<A HREF="http://www.dbg400.fsnet.co.uk/download/dialog.png">http://www.dbg400.fsnet.co.uk/download/dialog.png</A>&gt; (2.6Kb)  which seems
to point the blame at Easily. They, however, say it's nothing to do with
them and to take it up with my ISP.

Can anyone point me in the right direction. I'm not losing money over
this, but it is annoying - a password protected open source site does
come across as a bit daft :)

Regards, Martin
--
<A HREF="mailto:martin@jamaro.org.uk">martin@jamaro.org.uk</A> / <A HREF="mailto:jamaro@firstlinux.net">jamaro@firstlinux.net</A>