[Wylug-help] jdbc

Phil Driscoll phil at dialsolutions.co.uk
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 08:33:57 +0000

Hi

Do we have anyone on the list who has successfully played with jdbc?
At the Leeds school where I help out, we have an all Linux server environment,
and a mixture of Windows and Linux desktops all running OpenOffice.org.

In order to provide database functionality for OOo I need to connect the
clients via jdbc to the MySQL server which we already have. I've downloaded
and installed the MySQL jdbc driver, but have failed to understand from the
documentation how the jdbc world hangs together. I've googled for howtos and
so on, without any real enlightenment.

Can anyone point me at (or give me) a good explanation of what I need to do at
the server end to get jdbc going?

Ta
--
Phil Driscoll