proxy ARPing - was Re: [Wylug-help] Possible IP subnet conflict

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 11:01:00 +0000

Hi Folks,

one possible solution I've thought of for this problem is proxy ARPing.  Would
it be possible to get the Linux firewall respond to ARP requests for the
remote 10.1.0.x IP addresses, and then get it to forward them to the remote
end.  In this way, there would be no need to change any routing information.

Comments please

Gary

--
Gary Stainburn