[Wylug-help] O'Reilly & Amazon

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at dev.InTechnology.co.uk
05 Nov 2002 09:35:00 +0000

On Tue, 2002-11-05 at 09:05, Nik Jewell wrote:
> I've just found out (to my horror) this morning that Amazon have ceased
> to offer the substantial discounts that they used to on O'Reilly tomes
> (ceased to offer ANY discount that is, as far as I can see).

I've previously used bookpool ( http://www.bookpool.com/ ) - US based,
but with a 40% or so discount level and the fact that $ prices are
cheaper anyhow, you still come out on top after carriage (at least on
multiple orders).   They deliver faster than many UK based places too.

UKUUG have a member discount on O'Reilly - 20 or 25%.

	Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham           Nigel.Metheringham@InTechnology.co.uk ]