[Wylug-help] Laptop Choice

Dave Whiteley d.l.whiteley at ee.leeds.ac.uk
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 08:59:58 +0000

Hello All,

Shopping advice please.

I am looking to buy myself a laptop to run Linux. As it is _my_ money,
price and usefullness is more important than speed.

I am replacing a 48Mb 2Gb 66Mhz machine that is doing good service for
me, except that the Disk is too small and the display is 800x600 only.

I am not playing games, so speed is not that important.

Ethernet is important, so pcmcia or built in an advantage.

Of course, I would prefer to avoid paying anything to $soft.

Suggestions gratefully received.

Dave

--
Dave Whiteley