[Wylug-help] Laptop Choice

Nik Jewell L.N.Jewell at leeds.ac.uk
13 Nov 2002 09:09:09 +0000

Dave

The Dell outlet is a good source, about 1/3 off for fully guaranteed 'as
new' boxes.

Latitudes are here:

http://outlet.dell.com/Emea_Dfo/EuDispatcher?country=GBR&lob_constraint=LAT&target=InventoryPage

Inspirons are here:

http://outlet.dell.com/Emea_Dfo/EuDispatcher?country=GBR&lob_constraint=INSP&target=InventoryPage

I've a C400 which is fine with Linux, though I needed to purchase a
commercial X server for it.

This is a great site for checking compatibility:

http://www.linux-laptop.net/

HTH

Nik