[Wylug-help] Ambient Hardware Modem

Steve Waggitt steve.m.waggitt at btopenworld.com
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 23:04:26 -0000

Hello there.

I've just installed a 56kbps Ambient hardware modem and although it works f=
ine in Windows it didn't come with any drivers for Linux.  Could you point =
me in the right direction and advise me as to how I go about setting the th=
ing up.  I'm running a hybrid Linux system, ZipSlack 8.0 installed on a FAT=
 partition with various Slackware 8.1 packages (I do intend installing RedH=
at 8.0 properly).

Also, while I'm here, any ideas as to why my system won't print to my Epson=
 Stylus Color 480 parallel printer?  I've followed the man pages and the HO=
WTOs but to no avail.