[Wylug-help] Windows manager and low resources consumption

Rina & Corrado r.giulivi at bradford.ac.uk
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 18:30:15 +0100

  Hy all.

I was wondering, which is the window manager, which uses the lowest
amount of resources (memory, cpu ...).

At the present I am using blackbox, which seems quite fine, but I would
like to hear from people using other windows managers.

I decided to switch from KDE (which is a desktop manager more than a
windows manager) to BlackBox in order to improve performances. Having
heard BlackBox is the fastest and less hungry, I tried, and I have to
say the result is really successful. Before deciding, I got a
non-extensive look, without proper mesurements, to xcfe, Gnome,
ICEwm,Enlightment, sawfish.

I am really interested to hear other opinions because, in order to build
a system with low power consuption and (relatively) good performances, I
am trying to select the packages with the lowest resources' consumption.

Corrado