[Wylug-help] VIA Eden/C3 suppliers

Martin Rowe martin at dbg400.net
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 04:26:48 +0100

On Wednesday 23 October 2002 9:31 pm, RichardA wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know of a UK supplier of VIA Eden or C3 systems? You know
> the one - fanless processor (the Eden is, anyway), mini-atx mobo (17 x
> 17cm), everything onboard, 10 - 20 Watts.
>
> I could buy the bits, but it's not cost or time effective. Last build,
> the AGP slot broke itself, hence my state-of-the-art 16MB Banshee.
>
> I want it for a file/mail server stuck in a cupboard somewhere. It's
> got to run Linux, obviously. Mandrake for now, Debian when I grow up
> :-)
>
> RichardA
>
> BTW, I've googled.

You mean the OpenBrick thingamyjigs? I quite like the idea of one of those
myself, particularly the silence aspect. I couldn't find any UK suppliers
either, and http://openbrick.org only seems to list
http://www.storever.com/ and Mandrake store (who don't appear to do the
Eden). I'm sure a UK supplier would make it easier for Father Christmas
;)

Regards, Martin
--
martin@dbg400.net  jamaro@firstlinux.net  http://www.dbg400.net    /"\
DBG/400 - DataBase Generation utilities - AS/400 / iSeries Open    \ /