[Wylug-help] VIA Eden/C3 suppliers

Kris k.clarke at gmx.net
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 11:12:33 +0100

Martin Rowe wrote:
> You mean the OpenBrick thingamyjigs? I quite like the idea of one of thos=
> myself, particularly the silence aspect. I couldn't find any UK suppliers
> either, and http://openbrick.org only seems to list
> http://www.storever.com/ and Mandrake store (who don't appear to do the
> Eden). I'm sure a UK supplier would make it easier for Father Christmas
> ;)

Maybe something like these? They have a fan on them, but it's likely
that disabling won't have any significant effect on temperature. The
heatsink on my Epia 533MHz just gets warm to the touch.

http://linitx.com/shop/default.php?cPath=3D14
or
http://www.ultim8pc.co.uk/index.asp?section=3Dproducts&idd=3D12#1 -

Available in 1 or 3-NIC varieties, =A3179 to =A3209 +VAT.

Alternatively you have the Procase mini-itx case with external PSU +
fanless VIA Epia 5000 motherboard for a silent (minus hard drive seeking)
system. Both ultim8pc & linitx do them. Only one NIC, though.

http://www.ultim8pc.co.uk/index.asp?section=3Dproducts&idd=3D2
http://www.ultim8pc.co.uk/index.asp?section=3Dproducts&idd=3D3

--
Kris | k.clarke@gmx.co.uk | ICQ: 10537480