[Wylug-help] How to use Knoppix as a rescue disk

Martin Rowe linux at dbg400.net
Sat, 26 Oct 2002 17:24:13 +0100

On Saturday 26 October 2002 4:45 pm, Dave Fisher wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Anyone ever tried, and succeeded in running Knoppix (a Debian-based
> distro which runs straight from a CD drive) as a rescue disk?
>
> I've read the one paragraph help file, which suggests that it is
> possible to acquire rootly powers and hence to mount other devices
> (e.g. hard drives), but the indications about how to do it made no
> sense to me at all.
>
> Any clues at all would be appreciated.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Dave

Just Alt+F2 to another console (if you've booted into the GUI) or type
knoppix 2
at the boot screen to get into text mode. Either way you're running in
single user mode and get the # prompt.

Regards, Martin
--
martin@dbg400.net  jamaro@firstlinux.net  http://www.dbg400.net    /"\
DBG/400 - DataBase Generation utilities - AS/400 / iSeries Open    \ /