[Wylug-help] Samba Problem

Andrew J Foster andrew.foster at calder-comms.co.uk
Tue Aug 5 11:30:16 BST 2003

Hello all,

As a new user to Linux I'm having a major problem which I hope someone may
be able to help with.

I have RH9 running Samba service
We only have about 12 PC's all running W2k
There is no security on the Samba.conf, and all users are set up as
Administrator

When browsing on to the Linux server from my pc I have no problem!

But, when anyone else uses it (and it's got everything on it now and is
live!) they have major problems with speed - ie. in moving around the
directories

It can take a minute or more to open a directory, this is causing SEVERE
frustration!

I look forward to any comments.

Thanks,
Andrew Foster