[Wylug-help] FTP Server

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at dev.InTechnology.co.uk
Tue Aug 12 10:22:39 BST 2003

On Tue, 2003-08-12 at 10:04, Dominic Liversidge wrote:
> FTP Server on RH9 aparently theres already one there
> but i carnt find it! can you help me find it or point
> me to a direction to a FTP server for RH9 with a GUI

The FTP server is thing that runs on a machine and allows people with
ftp clients to connect in, authenticate, upload and download stuff.  Due
to the way Linux (or Unix) security policies work you will not find one
of those with a GUI.  However RH9 comes with an ftp server - vsftpd.

RH9 also comes with a number of ftp clients.  One of those is strongly
GUI based - gftp.

Both those packages are part of the standard RH9 distribution set.

	Nigel.