[Wylug-help] FTP Server

Philip Wyett philipwyett at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Aug 12 10:27:00 BST 2003

--
On Tue, 2003-08-12 at 10:04, Dominic Liversidge wrote:
> FTP Server on RH9 aparently theres already one there
> but i carnt find it! can you help me find it or point
> me to a direction to a FTP server for RH9 with a GUI
>
> =====
> >From Dom...

Hi,

The default FTP server with Red Hat Linux is vsftpd (Very Secure File
Transfer Protocol Daemon). You'll find it on CD 3
(vsftpd-1.1.3-8.i386.rpm).

Or you can download it being that it's only 80Kb

http://rawhide.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/9/en/os/i386/RedHat/RPMS/vsftpd-1.1.3-8.i386.rpm

Sadly there is no GUI for the server.

Below is the link to some basic vsftpd setup and securing info.

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/security-guide/s1-server-ftp.html

Be sure you start it as service once installed.

Regards

Philip Wyett

--

AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) or Yahoo Messenger: PhilipWyett

Email: philipwyett at dsl.pipex.com

Website: http://www.philipwyett.dsl.pipex.com

Public key: http://www.philipwyett.dsl.pipex.com/gpg/public_key.txt