[Wylug-help] Windows Archive Tag (Explained)

Dominic Liversidge ducktheresaflyingfish at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 18 15:05:12 BST 2003

right yes when you right click a file you can change
the archive tag in windows but as soon as you put them
in a zip file or on a cd the archive tag is
automatcily added

because my linux server is a standalone and i do most
of my work on my xp machine (dreamweaver and file
trasfer via msn) then i put it on CD to move to my
linux one the problem is i run a MUD (multi user
dungeon) which has over 100 text files that need to be
read and written on weve checked all our source code
and theve all been CHMODED 777 and weve bottled it
down to this archive tag thats making certain parts of
the mud not work

im at a loss is there anyway i can remove this tag

(sorry for the double posting but someone wanted a
more detailed explanation)

anyway im off to work now

=====