[Wylug-help] JVM

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Aug 25 09:00:36 BST 2003

On Saturday 23 Aug 2003 11:43 pm, Tomas Taylor wrote:
> --
> Hi there,
>
> I just ordered Mandrake Linux for PPC 9.1 to install on a second
> partition of my PowerBook G4.
>
> It just occurred to me: Is the Java Virtual Machine included with
> Linux or do I have to find the JVM someplace else?

Mandrake never include anything that has a licensing issue.  You can
get it from Sun, but it is better to configure your sources by going
to http://plf.zarb.org/~nanardon/ , then get rpms from texstar.

Don't forget that there will be a slew of security fixes to download
as soon as you are up and running.  Do that first, then get the extra
sources from the Easy URPMI page.