[Wylug-help] Apache chroot'ed - MySQL socket?

James Holden james at microcosmos.co.uk
Tue Aug 26 09:51:34 BST 2003

Morning all,

UNIX guru advice needed please....

I'm building an OpenBSD web server, and I have apache installed chrooted
to /var/www.

I also want MySQL running on the machine, but my scripts can't see the
mysql socket in it's default location of /var/run/mysql.

What's the best approach to this? I reconfigured Mysql to place it's
socket within the chroot jail that apache is running in , and it works
fine but is that the best way to do it? Are there security implications?
I could connect via TCP/IP through localhost, but that would have a
performance hit, wouldn't it?

Can I specify two sockets for MySQL? I could put one in
/var/www/var/run/mysql and one in /var/run/mysql.

TIA

James