[Wylug-help] SuSE 8.1

James Holden (Wylug) wylug at jamesholden.net
Mon Dec 1 08:53:27 GMT 2003

Philip Wyett wrote:
| --
| On Sun, 2003-11-30 at 11:45, Paul Grenyer wrote:
|
|>Hi
|>
|>Thanks, Phil and Roger!
|>
|>To make matters worse, I booted up Red Hat 9.0 on my new Shuttle this
|>morning and it failed to boot, several times. I'm getting all sorts of
|>errors. I think it may be objecting to the latest kernel. :-(
|>
|>Is there somewhere I can download the ISOs for SuSE 9.0? I've been
|>looking on some of the FTP servers, but I can't seem to track down the
|>ISO's for 8.2 either. In fact so far I haven't found any SuSE ISOs. I
|>did try the FTP installation yesterday, but my connection is a bit flaky
|>and the installation doesn't pick up the connection once it's restored.
|>:-(
|>
|>--
|>
|>Regards
|>Paul
|>
|>Paul Grenyer
|>Email: paul at paulgrenyer.co.uk
|>Web: http://www.paulgrenyer.co.uk
|>
|>Please note my change of email address.
|>

| Hi,
|
| SuSE does not make ISO images available for download in-order to
| encourage purchase of the boxed distribution.
|
| Regards
|
| Philip Wyett
|
| --

...which is why I've never tried SuSE. Is there non-free software in
there, or could somebody theoretically distribute copies of it?

James

- --
James Andrew Holden, Leeds, UK    (james at jamesholden dot net)
GPG Key: 1024D/8358863A    *Please encrypt mail where possible!*
Fingerprint:  32C9 A76F 3CFE A06C 1B00  5AAB 9877 4742 8358 863A
jamesholden.net         Buy Linux CDs here: http://fastdiscs.com