[Wylug-help] Satellite Receiver Test (Off Topic)

Dave Fisher davef at gbdirect.co.uk
Tue Dec 30 19:54:45 GMT 2003

The only tenuous link to Linux is that I want to use a Linux box as a
PVR/VDR to record Italian and Spanish TV. Unfortunately, I've just wired
up my statellite receiver after a couple of months of non-use and found
myself unable to receive any signal at all.

I've tested all the kit and all fingers are currently pointing at the
receiver, but receiver configuration (hardware or software) is just as
likely as hardware failure, and there is an outside possibility that my
tests on the other kit have failed to pick up something.  I think I had
a similar problem a couple of years ago, stumbled on a solution and
promptly forgot all about it {sigh}.

Before forking out for an expensive new box or expensive professional
help, I thought I might ask if someone on the list had a fully working
satellite setup that I could test the receiver on for a few minutes? I
don't think that a Sky digibox system would be appropriate, but someone
on the list might know better.

Dave