[Wylug-help] Linux Firewall and Cisco Router

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 09:34:35 +0000

Hi folks,

I don't know if this is a linux problem or a Cisco one.

I've got a Cisco 801 configured to dial-on-demand to a fleet management
clearing house.  If I telnet to the cisco and use the 'connect' command to
pull down a web page it dials out, connects and then returns the web page.

I've got this attached to a Linux box via a cross-over cable.  From the Linux
box I can telnet to the cisco to program it etc.

If I use wget to pull down the same web page, the cisco dials out and connects
fine, but the wget never sees anything, and then times out and tries again.

Ping and traceroute etc also bring up the line, but I get no ping responses
and the traceroute stops at the Cisco.

I've tried turning off iptables to see if that fixes it, but it makes no
differqence.

Anyone got any ideas?
--
Gary Stainburn