[Wylug-help] IP alias/forward

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 10:32:50 +0000

Hi folks,

I have to route traffic to another network for an IP address that is within
one of my subnets.

I've created an interface eth0:0 with the address 10.1.0.34 and then tried to
redirect the packets to the router using the following rule but it didn't
work:

eth0:0 10.1.0.34
eth1 192.168.1.1
Cisco router 192.168.1.2

iptables -A  PREROUTING -d 10.1.0.34 -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.1.2

Unfortunately, this simply redirect the HTTP requests for that addr to the
cisco's http server because this rule simply changed the destination IP
address to the cisco, then forwarded it.

What I need to know, is what rule do I need to add to simply forward the IP
packets without actually mangling them.

anyone got any ideas?
--
Gary Stainburn