[Wylug-help] ADSL & CCL

gARetH baBB hick at gink.org
Wed, 26 Feb 2003 13:03:59 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003, Jim Jackson wrote:

> Mmmm... tries to remember. My main machine till about 4 years ago was a
> 486DX4/100 and I think it had to have a fan, not a heatsink. Not sure

Where on earth would you put the fan without a heatsink ?!

The Intel and AMD 486/DX4-100s required heatsinks, but not fans

The AMD 486/DX4-120 required a fan too.

We still have a Intel DX4-100 in use, it's noodles.gink.org and until
recently did DHCP, UPS, DNS and gw stuff - I think it's on the verge of
being removed.

hick@noodles:~$ uptime
 12:54pm  up 198 days,  7:01,  1 user,  load average: 0.01, 0.01, 0.00

Hmmm, I wonder why it was rebooted 198 days ago.

It's actually an interesting machine, because as well as being EISA, PCI
and having onboard SCSI, it also takes a dual processor Pentium card or
the 486 card.

stum.gink.org some time ago used to be a AMD DX4-120, I still have the
processor and motherboard.