[Wylug-help] LAMP: form vars not passed to php script

Andy Macdonald andy at greenhead.ac.uk
Wed, 08 Jan 2003 09:49:55 GMT

I wrote a little app using LAMP which works OK and then built a faster machine
to run it on: RedHat 7.1, Apache 1.3.27, MySQL 3.23.54a, PHP 4.3.0
(I also installed OpenSSL 0.9.7 and ModSSL 2.8.12).

I copied all the scripts over and exported and imported the SQL data, but they
didn't work. Initially this was because I hadn't set up the MySQL user I was
using to access the data in the PHP script, but now I've fixed that and I find
that form variables (userid, pwd) from my initial html form don't get through
to the 'action' script - login.php ??

MIME types in httpd.conf -
    AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
    AddType application/x-tar .tgz