[Wylug-help] Ye Olde Worlde Hardware

Martyn Ranyard martyn at syn.co.uk
Sat Jul 12 01:08:56 BST 2003

For those my age and younger, I doubt you can help. :-)

SSC Have need of reading an unidentified 9-inch Mag Tape.  bpi as yet unkown even!

We have not yet set eyes on this tape, but probably about at the DG MV / AOSVS
time period.  Is there anyone out there that might have a drive that _might_
read such an ancient beastie?

Of course it could be in any format - from DG's proprietry through dump/restore
to an half chance it may be tar.

To be able to get some kind of data off it would be handy, even it it's just a
CD of the contents of the tape that we could run through various "dump"-like
programs.

--
Martyn Ranyard
Development Manager