[Wylug-help] Image manipulation service/server

Felix Ulrich-Oltean felix at chaptereight.com
Tue Jul 15 09:27:45 BST 2003

Hi

We have a number of systems (in Python, Perl and PHP) which all need
to process images uploaded by users.  We want to produce images
e.g. thumbnails of a consistent quality across these systems.  We are
therefore considering making an "images sever" that wraps image
manipulation stuff and is available to all our systems via some
universal standard, e.g. http or xml-rpc or whatever else.

Has anyone done such a thing already?

Is there a better way of achieving our aim?

Any suggestions as to what would make the most sensible way of
implementing the image service and communicating between these
systems?

Thanks for any suggestions,

Felix.