[Wylug-help] Sendmail config

Mike Gramshaw MikeG at viclabs.co.uk
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 15:10:19 +0100

I am trying to configure a server (redhat 8) running sendmail 8.12.5
to relay all mail for local-domain to another host. I am using
"define (`MAIL_HUB',`hostname')" to specify the receiving host.

The problem is although the mail is passed to the specified host, the
domainname is replaced by the mail_hub's ip address in the
recipients email address, ie user@domain becomes user@ip_add.

Anyone got any clues?

Many thanks

_
Mike Gramshaw
Vickers Laboratories Ltd
Grangefield Industrial Estate, Pudsey,
West Yorkshire, England, LS28 6QW

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
This email is confidential, may be legally privileged, and is
for the intended recipient only.  Access, disclosure, copying,
distribution, or reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited
and may be a criminal offence.  Please delete it if you obtained
in error and email a confirmation to the sender.

Voice +44(0)113 236 2811   Fax: +44(0)113 236 2703