[Wylug-help] Sendmail config

Jim Jackson jj at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 17:05:53 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 2 Jun 2003, Mike Gramshaw wrote:

> Sorry folks, hit the send button before editing the message, not
> having a good day :-(  Lets try again!
>
> On 2 Jun 2003, at 15:15, Jim Jackson wrote:
>
> Date sent:      	Mon, 2 Jun 2003 15:15:48 +0100 (BST)
> From:           	Jim Jackson <jj@comp.leeds.ac.uk>
> To:             	Mike Gramshaw <MikeG@viclabs.co.uk>
> Copies to:      	wylug-help@wylug.org.uk
> Subject:        	Re: [Wylug-help] Sendmail config
>
> Sorry Jim, I probably didn't explain fully. This is a box receiving
> external email and passing it on to our internal mail server. I am
> already using MASQUERADE_AS and have tried "allmasquerade"
> on and off. Out going mail as being MASQUERADE'ed fine. It's
> incoming mail where the recipient has been changed. eg here is the
> log file entry when your reply (to mikeg@viclabs.co.uk) arrived at
> our internal mail server:-
>
> MAIL From:<jj@comp.leeds.ac.uk> SIZE=2276
> RCPT To:<MikeG@[192.168.1.203]>
> DATA - 63 lines, 2536 bytes.
> QUIT - 0 sec. elapsed, connection closed Mon Jun  2 15:23:19 2003

Thats the envelope, does it change the fields in mail header as well?
i.e. is that what it looks like in To: field of your mail reader?
How does your internal mail server do resolution,
via DNS or via /etc/hosts (what does you nsswitch.conf file say?).
'Cos it looks like somewhere you machine can't find it's own canonical
name.

questions questions questions I know, but I don't know enough of your
setup to do otherwise.

Jim