[Wylug-help] Help with setting up a mail server

S L linux_help_me at yahoo.com
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 17:16:13 -0700 (PDT)

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if someone could help me with this error I see on my mail s=
erver.
Just some background info on my system, I have RedHat 6.2 on my server.  I =
installed qmail on my server and removed sendmail from my rc scripts.  Also=
, I installed the POP3 daemon that's included with qmail (qmail-pop3d).

I read the document "Life with Qmail" and followed the directions to instal=
l but for some reason, I still can not send or receive emails.

The error I see when I use pine is
1)  'Incomplete mail domain "qmail"' (qmail is the name of my server)
2)  "Return address in mail you send may be incorrect"

Hopefully I gave enough info for someone to help me.  I'm still a newbie wi=
th Linux so a lot of this is still new to me.  Thanks in advance for any he=
lp anyone can give me.

SL