[Wylug-help] Linux and Sony DSC-U20 Digital Camera

Darren Watson darren at coolpink.co.uk
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 09:12:25 +0100

Hi

I tried the commands below.  The kernel correctly loaded the usb-storage
drivers and when the camera was connected to the usb port is was listed in
the usb devices file in /proc

When I tried to mount the memory stick with mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt I
got a message saying that the device is not a block device.  How can I find
out which device I should use?

Another strange thing is that when the camera is connected (even after
running modprobe usb-storage), the messages log says that it hasn't been
claimed.

Does this mean I'm out of luck or is there anything else I can try?

Many thanks

Darren