[Wylug-help] Linux and Sony DSC-U20 Digital Camera

James Holden james at microcosmos.co.uk
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 11:46:01 +0100

Quoting Darren Watson <darren@coolpink.co.uk>:

> Hi
>
> Yeah, I'm also using the 2.4.19  kernel.  Looks like I'll have to research
> how to compile a new kernel. Do you think it will be possible to just
> recompile the usb-storage module?
>
> Thanks
>
> Darren
[snip]

You might be able to get away with compiling a kernel and just using the module
from it. It's not generally recommended to just compile bits of the kernel.
Maybe somebody else can advise. Also, if the current kernel has been compiled
with module versions, you've got no chance because it puts a magic number in the
function names.

What distribution are you running?

James

--