[Wylug-help] RAID woes

Dave Whiteley d.l.whiteley at ee.leeds.ac.uk
Fri Jun 27 09:04:22 BST 2003

On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 04:27:42PM +0100, Nik Jewell wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've been messing around with a secure linux distro
> (http://www.openna.com/products/os/os.php?e=0,13), which installs fine but
> refuses to boot.
>
> The system is a Dell Poweredge 2400 with a perc/2 RAID controller.
> It has 3 SCSI disks configured as RAID 5.

Nik,

I have had problems with Dell Poweredges in the past. This was due to
the SCSI controllers objecting to being tweaked on boot.  The fix was
to put a flag into the boot options to stop it.

In lilo.conf, this was a clause

 append="aic7xxx=no_reset"

Hope this helps.

Dave

--

Dave Whiteley
d.l.whiteley at ee.leeds.ac.uk
Phone +44 (0)113 343 2059
School of Electronic and Electrical Engineering
The University of Leeds. Leeds, LS2 9JT,  UK