[Wylug-help] Advent 5372 Keyboard/touchpad problems

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 15:00:32 +0000

Hi folks,

I've got an Advent 5372 laptop which dual boots WinME (no comment) and
RH7.3+Errata.

However, when I'm in linux which is most of the time, I have problems where by
letters get inserted while I'm typing.

I'm mainly using gvim to type up SQL to populate a database.  The two
keystrokes that get inserted are 'q' and '<f3>'.  Also, when I try to use the
touchpad to move the mouse, I ocasionally get the mouse jumping all over the
screen, and the context menus appearing as though I've pressed a mouse
button.

Firstly, I thought it was hardware but when I boot into WinME and try to
replicate the problem it doesn't appear.

Has anyone got any ideas how I can fix this?
--
Gary Stainburn