[Wylug-help] X Keyboard Oddness

Simon Wood Simon.Wood at pace.co.uk
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 15:08:42 -0000

This string of characters is probably because the keyboard is faking an extra key, without actually having a different scan code.

Under DOS (and probably Windoze) you can hold the Alt key down and then type the (decimal) ASCII code for a character. This character will appear once the Alt key is released.

I can't think of a way of implementing this on X. You may need to write a little application to capture the 'Alt+num+num+num-alt' sequence and insert the '@' back into the keyboard queue.

For examples on who to insert back into the queue you could look at the various 'On Screen Keyboard' Code.

Good Luck,
Simon.