[Wylug-help] Downgrading red hat 7.2 kernel

Darren Watson darren at coolpink.net
Thu, 1 May 2003 10:36:34 +0100

BlankHi

Our ISP has setup our server with a recent kernel, however, an application
that we want to run must have kernel 2.4.7-10 installed (which is the same
as the one on the original red hat cd).  I can only assume that they have
updated all the packages on the machine before connecting to their network.

Can anyone advise about the best way to downgrade to the required kernel
using rpm packages?  We have tried installing the rpms and unfortunately we
must have broken the bootloader as the machine would not boot.  We have
since re-imaged the machine and are back to the square one.

What do I need to install and in what order?

Any help would be appreciated.

Darren