[Wylug-help] Network install Debian

Simon Wood Simon.Wood at pace.co.uk
Fri, 9 May 2003 12:05:17 +0100

Hi Ian,
I missed the original posting, but Jason is correct. If you're using floppi=
es you'll need the 4 'driver' disks as well as the boot and root floppies.

Add the correct network module, so require parameters before working. If yo=
u don't know them or don't have another method of guessing try Toms Root&Bo=
ot floppy distro as it's pretty good at guessing and you can copy what it d=
oes ('cat /proc/ioports' and 'cat /proc/interrupts').

I had a problem where my network card wouldn't function in a particular slo=
t - I think that this was to do with a shared PCI interrupt. Have you tried=
 a different slot?

If you're using a nfs share from another machine you'll also have to instal=
l the 'nfs' module and specify the source machine in the '192.168.1.1:/cdro=
m' fashion.

Good luck,
Simon.