[Wylug-help] [Off Topic] Wireless Network with DSL

Salil Khamkar bus2s2k at leeds.ac.uk
Mon, 12 May 2003 17:51:45 +0100

Hi,

I was thinking of getting a DSL line at my university flat but most of the
websites which I have been to (Eg Tiscali) show me the modem as an USB modem,
which necessarily has to be plugged into a computer. So basically for sharing
the internet connection the computer into which the modem is plugged in needs
to be powered on.

Anybody has any idea/experience as to which provider gives a modem which can be
direcly plugged into a switch/wireless access point with a builtin switch ?

Cheers
--
Salil Khamkar