[Wylug-help] CD printer

Ben Fowler bfowler at ewitness.co.uk
Tue, 13 May 2003 13:38:39 +0100

At 8:32 am +0000 2003-05-13, Phil Driscoll wrote:
>Someone last night was asking about CD printers.
>
>For what it's worth, we have a Copytrax Matisse Gold which cost us =A3400i=
sh
>about 2 years ago.
>
>It uses an Epson C60 printer driver so I guess it's a modified Epson machi=
ne.
>The person who uses it (from a Windows box) says its reliable, and the ima=
ge
>quality is pretty good as long as the machine is used regularly (otherwise=
 it
>is susceptible to banding), but that it doesn't perform well with large ar=
eas
>of very saturated colour.

That certainly looks like an excellent machine.

I am not sure that it is in current production, though, and I assumed that
there might have been problems that caused Epson to to need to re-think
how to re-purpose ink jet printers.

At the moment, I am waiting until machines such as the RImage become
more affordable, but I would getting consider getting an inkjet based
one, just to see what they are like in practice.

Ben
and kindly notify the sender by reply email.  Please advise immediately
kind.  Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that

eWitness Limited, Alpha House, Redvers Close, Lawnswood Business Park, Leed=
s, LS16 6QY
Telephone:  0113 2951112  Fax: 0113 2951114