[Wylug-help] Mitac Mio and linux

Simon Wood simon at mungewell.org
Sun Nov 2 17:58:29 GMT 2003

Hi Andii,
You'll be able to connect to it and transfer files (albeit in some wierd binary format :-).

In terms of runing Linux on it I couldn't find mention of it. But if it's the 338 Plus model (http://www.infosyncworld.com/hardware/handhelds/specs/204.html) there is hope as it has a XScale PXA255 processor - which I believe is the same as the Zaurus and others.

For general information of handheld devices, goto to http://www.handhelds.org (which is a bit Ipaq centric) or the netbsd ports pages.

I played with VR-Linux for a bit, but don't have the time now.

Good luck,
Simon.