[Wylug-help] Ambit cable modem (USB) [was (no subject)]

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Wed Nov 5 10:38:34 GMT 2003

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, James Holden (Wylug) wrote:

> Is it connected through USB or with the ethernet port? USB I gather.
>
> ~From poking around the 'net it seems that you're better off using the
> ethernet port. Then all you need to worry about is getting a network
> card installed and set to use dhcp.
>
> Maybe somebody else could confirm this??

The only NTL setup I've configured that didn't have just the set top box had a
unit with both usb and ethernet.  Over ethernet it behaves identically to the
set top box, and was no fuss whatsoever.

jh

--
"People smart enough to be in mensa should be smart enough to not be in
 mensa."                                              -- djcapelis /.