[Wylug-help] (no subject)

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at dev.InTechnology.co.uk
Wed Nov 5 09:26:33 GMT 2003

On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 21:44, Idris Fulat wrote:
> Hi guys, just installed Red HAt 9.0 dual booting with win 98 looking
> to migrate over to linux - problem...I need linux drivers for my Ambit
> cable modem (USB). Surely you guys would have come across this one as
> NTL has quite a lot of customers here in yorkshire. Thanks in advance.

I used to use NTL, but the setup I had was a set-top box which had an
ethernet port[*] on the back.  Initially it gave you a DHCP lease on a
restricted network which allowed you to get to a signup screen.  After
that the one MAC address thats enroled could get normal internet access.

	Nigel.

[*] Apparently some of these boxes had a straight out connection and
some had a crossed over, so you may need to experiment to get the right
connection to your box or switch.