[Wylug-help] Kmail/Knoppix crash

Daniel Walker danielwalker at fastmail.fm
Thu Nov 6 13:45:48 GMT 2003

This is going to have nowhere near enough information, but:

I'm using a HD-installed version of Knoppix 3.2 (essentially
Debian/unstable) and occasionally (about once a day)
the entire system locks up when I'm using Kmail, requiring a hard reset.
It seems to be mostly when I use a drop-down menu.

There are no useful messages in /var/log/messages.

Because it's only the one app, it doesn't sound to me like a hardware
problem, although I am getting occasional desktop background corruption
which I suspect is an artifact of the rubbish intel 810 motherboard
graphics drivers...

Other than that, the computer stays working overnight no trouble, as a
rule.

I know if I wanted rock-solid I'd be using debian/stable, but KDE2 is
awful.

Dan
--
  Daniel Walker