[Wylug-help] OO.o impress puzzle

Andii Bowsher andiibowsher at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Nov 9 20:41:50 GMT 2003

Here's a puzzle [to me at least].
On my work laptop I run SUSE 8.2 pro with OO.o 1.01. I use it for
presentations -but here's the thing: if I run Impress under WM then the
presentation fills the whole screen and projects nicely. If I run it under
KDE then there is always a gap between the presentation 'screen' and the
actual screen where the underlying prog/background shows through.

Furthermore: under WM I can't seem to get the sda1 'file' read [where I keep
the presentation on a compact flash card], yet under KDE it turns up and
displays through Konquerer and I can access it. If I use KDE to locate the
presentation file and move it to my home directory I can then access it
under WM and go on to display it correctly as a presentation. Naturally I'd
rather not keep dodging between KDE and WM -so can anyone think of a
reason/s why this state of affairs should happen so that I could resolve it
one way or another?
Cheers,
Andii