[Wylug-help] OO.o impress puzzle

Smylers Smylers at stripey.com
Sun Nov 9 23:15:26 GMT 2003

Andii Bowsher writes:

> if I run Impress under WM then the presentation fills the whole screen
> and projects nicely. If I run it under KDE then there is always a gap
> between the presentation 'screen' and the actual screen where the
> underlying prog/background shows through.

Is the gap the same size as a KDE panel/task list/whatever?

I've seen something similar with trying to run 'Acrobat Reader'
full-screen in KDE: it seems to be that KDE lies to the app about the
maximum available screen size, subtracting the panel size (presumably so
that a maximized window avoids the panel), but then the app positions
itself in the top-left corner of the screen, leaving a gap at the bottom
or right (which looks particularly silly if the panel is on the top or
left edge).

I think that making the panel be auto-hide helps -- but I just went for
not using KDE for presentations.

Smylers