[Wylug-help] ODBC Drivers

Paul Grenyer paul at paulgrenyer.co.uk
Wed Nov 19 14:29:57 GMT 2003

Hi

> http://www.easysoft.com/sales/pricing.phtml?product=2002

Thanks. Somone else also pointed me in the right direction.

> BTW, I just checked with Garry,

Ah! Garry must be the guy signing his emails 'support'. ;-)

> he was going to aks for a strace to see
> just what was going wrong. I still think its because of more than on
> copy of the driver manager.

Yes, we've made some progress. I am now getting a different error which
suggests that the Linux box is now at least communicating with the Windows
box.

I've just had a quick check and the unixODBC rpm does not seem to be
installed on my Linux box, so I suspect the problems are being caused by my
'source built' unixODBC installation installing to a different place to the
Red Hat rpm and the easysoft ODBC-ODBC Bridge client rpm.

Once we get it working I'll have to try and figure out exactly what caused
the problem so that I can write it up for the users of my software.

Regards
Paul

Paul Grenyer
Email: paul at paulgrenyer.co.uk