[Wylug-help] ODBC Drivers

Nick Gorham nick at easysoft.com
Wed Nov 19 14:40:02 GMT 2003

Paul Grenyer wrote:

> I've just had a quick check and the unixODBC rpm does not seem to be
> installed on my Linux box, so I suspect the problems are being caused by my
> 'source built' unixODBC installation installing to a different place to the
> Red Hat rpm and the easysoft ODBC-ODBC Bridge client rpm.
>
> Once we get it working I'll have to try and figure out exactly what caused
> the problem so that I can write it up for the users of my software.

AFAIK the problem is that the unixODBC source distribution follows the
GNU guidelines and so by default puts libs in /usr/local/lib bin in
/usr/local/bin and more importantly configs in /usr/local/etc. That what
you get if you just do

./configure.

Easysoft build with

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/easysoft/unixODBC --sysconfdir=/etc

so the ini's ar ein /etc and everything else is under
/usr/local/easysoft/unixODBC tree.

Red Hat build there RPM,s with

./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc

so its /etc/odbc.ini and /usr/lib/libodbc.so

You can see where the confusion can come from :-)

--
Nick Gorham

Easysoft Limited
web: www.easysoft.com