[Wylug-help] LPI Exams

Peter Ingram peter at smworld.co.uk
Wed Nov 26 09:09:07 GMT 2003

Hi,

Anyone considering taking an LPI exam with Thomson Prometric may be
interested in my recent experience. My message to them follows:

Hi,

I'm just emailing to register my disgust at the way that I have been treated
by your company.

I was scheduled to take the LPI 101 test at your test centre in Leeds
yesterday, but due to a severe head cold I had overlooked the fact that I
needed to bring two items of personal identification in order to take the
test.

On arrival at the test centre I was told by the staff at the test centre
that I would be able to reschedule the test if I contacted you directly. On
contacting your Customer Support service by phone, I was informed that I
would be unable to do this without forking out another £83.43. On protesting
I was told that if I contacted the test centre that they would issue an
'incident number' that would allow me to reschedule. I did this the
following morning and was issued with an incident number which I was told
would now allow me to reschedule. On contacting you again to do this, I was
met with a further refusal to reschedule. On asking to speak to a customer
services manager I was left hanging on the phone for some minutes before
being abruptly cut off.

Frankly I am appalled and outraged at this treatment. I consider this
behaviour to be symptomatic of the kind of inhumane corporate larceny which
has unfortunately become part our daily lives. You do not yet have a global
hegemony on LPI exams, and I will be taking my business to the only other
testing organisation Pearson VUE in future. I hope that they treat their
customers better.

I will also be forwarding this message to the LPI, and publishing it as far
as I can amongst the Linux and internet community in general. It is my
sincere hope that your attempts to capitalise on the rapid growth and
success of Linux will to some small extent be thwarted.

For your reference, my Registration ID is JB0LON5120.

Peter Ingram
Small World Information Services
www.smworld.co.uk