[Wylug-help] Linux & Broadband

Greg Sheard greg.sheard at ecsc.co.uk
Wed Oct 8 08:49:38 BST 2003

--
On Wed, 2003-10-08 at 08:42, Steve King wrote:

> > In fact, I remember when the CTC got an Intranet... and when they ran
> > NetWare 3... <sigh> ah, happy days of youth.
> >
> > [Note to other former stoodents @ dixonsctc.org.uk: quote your login
> > number in this thread, I'm interested to see how many of us there are
> > here!]
>

> I was never a student.  My dad was one of the deputies when the place
> opened!

Good heavens, you're davidk's son?! And how's he doing these days? He
used to teach me Science many moons ago...

> This is getting OT somewhat!

No it's not, not really... I was one of the folks over there that dug
Linux and first got it in the server room... of course, now NetWare runs
Apache and stuff, so I think they use that in preference. I didn't agree
with a lot of the IT decisions they took over there, but their decision
to remain a NetWare shop earned my respect :)

Greg.

--
The ideal form of government is democracy tempered with assassination.
 -- Voltaire