[Wylug-help] Linux broadband woes!

tom smith tombotty at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 8 22:43:31 BST 2003

Hi,

I'm having a bizarre (to me!) problem with my broadband connection.
I'm currently dual booting WinXP/SuSE 8.2 Pro and connect the internet via a
Netgear ADSL Modem/Router (DM602).

The internet connection is set up as DHCP over ethernet to the above router.

My problem is the internet connection works fine in both OS's, so long as i
boot up in windows first! If i boot to Linux first i get no internet
although the device's IP address is set up by the DHCP, i can ping the
router and use the web interface on the router.

This has totally confused me, and is really annoying as i'm trying to use
Linux more than Windows now i'm becoming more confident.

Thanks in advance,

Tom