[Wylug-help] Multi-port serial Installation

Jim Jackson jj at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Tue Oct 14 13:16:12 BST 2003

Rik, I suspect you'll have to disable the onboard ttyS0/1 and use
the 4 port card as a direct replacement for ttyS0-3, using the standard
ioaddr for those devices and specifying suitable different IRQs for each
interface.

I've used 2 port cards to get /dev/ttyS2&3 serial lines, but not had any
experience of going beyond 4.

Jim