[Wylug-help] Highpoint Tech RocketRaid 404 RAID card

felix at chaptereight.com felix at chaptereight.com
Thu Oct 16 14:51:24 BST 2003

We've had a lot of hassle with this in the end.  Originally we put
this card into a Dell Precision 420 dual-PIII running RH 9.0.

We spoke to Highpoint Technologies Support department and they said
they'd had issues with Dell servers running Linux, and they couldn't
really help us further.  They mentioned that Dell servers were
'different'.

So we bought another case, motheboard, chip - of the bog standard
variety.  We still got nowhere with this though, both with the binary
and compiled module.

In the end, just to verify whether the card itself was OK, we
installed Win XP, and everything works just fine.

The card does seem to work fine as 4-channel IDE controller with
Linux, so I'm going to try and set up a software RAID on Debian
instead, knowing that we can always fall back on the Windows setup if
desperate.

Felix.